Friday 10 June 2011

Do you need a reason to bake?

Well if you do this may not be the right blog for you! However, if you want to feel less guilt about a devotion to baking. My employer, the charity Breast Cancer Care, has a fantastic fundraiser which runs across the summer months. Stawberry Tea encourages people to have a party to raise money for people affected by breast cancer. This year we are calling on Queens of Cakes and Domestic Goddesses up and down the country to host a Strawbery Tea party. You bake the cakes and then charge your guests (friends, family work colleagues) to eat them. There is also a brilliant pack full of great ideas you can get hold of at http://bit.ly/ezR4tv

Now in the spirit of a flood blog I wouldn't recommend anything I hadn't tried myself, so me and some of my lovely colleagues did a bit of baking and Breast Cancer Care's central office hosted their own Strawberry Tea this week. My contibution - scones (see above). There was lots of great baking on show including some gorgeous rose cupcakes and a LOT of strawberries. Plus a human fruit machine (you may have to have been there), a strawberry shy and a personal favourite of the Publishing team - guess the weight of the cake competition - which we won!

It's a great event is you like to bake and a lot of fun, plus a great cause.

1 comment: